Cohen's diaper's are not improving and his bum is getting worse and worse, so I brought him in again today. So it turns out Cohen likely has Rotavirus. The doc and I didn't see the need to test his stool for verification because our household has obviously been exposed and being that it's a virus, we just need to let it run it's course.
Doctor didn't think the on-going icky diapers were the result of teething because it's too many diapers/day. We aren't starting baby food for Cohen until this clears up, but the good news - he's gotten the gist of rice cereal! We're just pushing fluids and watching for fever, worsening of his rash, and any new symtoms.
So now we just wait for the ickiness to run it's course and hope hope hope that McKenna or Carter doesnt' get it too....sheeesh!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
{{hugs}} We're finally getting better here. I hope the illness is short lived. I hope you are getting a break!
I hope he feels better...dealing with a sick child is not fun and certainly not at such a young age.
Ugh! This sounds horrible! I hope it doesn't last too long....
Post a Comment