I wanted to jot down some of the things Carter says to me. It is amazing to watch his mind work and witness the things he comes up with day to day. Some of these conversations won't make sense to the outsider, but others will make you laugh if you know Carter =)
Lisa (L): Carter, mommy is going to the doctor today ok? I'll be back in a little bit. I love you.
Carter (C): Mama. Ugh Ugh (the sound of a stethescope). Tunnel (from his skull fracture).
L: No not this time, mommy doesn't need the tunnel.
C: Soon.
L: Hi buddy! Did you sleep well last night?
C: Uh huh! Dorothy?
Luke(Lk): Daddy's going to work tomorrow ok? I'll see you soon. Be a nice boy tomorrow.
C: Daddy. Work. Faaaar Away. Home. Soon.
Lk: Yep, I'll be home soon buddy.
C: Vroom vroom. Soon daddy.
Carter talking on the phone to nobody:
"Hi Dorothy. Uh huh. Playing. Me. Shopping. Target. Me. Bye Dorothy."
Carter talking to the twins - when they are crying this is his response:
"I'm coming! I'm coming Cohen/Kenna, I'm coming! Wait!" When he arrives he gets right in their face and says, "I'm here!"
C: Mommy Bed. Me.
L: No, Carter. You sleep in your own bed. I sleep in my bed. The babies sleep in their bed.
C: Mommy bed.
L: I'm sorry buddy but no.
C: Mommy bed sit. You.
L:Yep, sometimes I sit in my bed.
C: Me sit.
L: Sometimes you sit in my bed too but not at nighttime.
C: Light on. Sit Mommy bed sun out.
L: Yes, you can sit in mommy's bed when the sun comes out.
C: Mmm hmm
C: Hi Cohen/Kenna.
Us: Carter, how do you know that's Cohen/Kenna?
C: I don't know (with a shoulder shrug)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is cute what toddlers say! Thanks for sharing!
Those conversations are adorable! Olivia isn't talking yet but knows a few words...thanks for sharing, it made me smile! I loved the one about your bed...it makes sense to me what he was thinking.
Post a Comment