FINALLY!! Hi!! :) After months without internet (or our own residence) I'm finally back up and running with internet and a new house! I wanted to get these conversations with Carter on here for those of you buggin' me to do it (ahem..Tori!)...I'll update with pictures, milestones, and the new house soon soon soon!!
C: I plant here! (at our house)
L: Honey, I don't have any seeds for you to plant..."
C: But there's a hose, mama..."
L: Well right, but I don't have anything for you to plant.
C: Oh. Well I'll just plant at Grandpa's then. (and walks away..)
L: I like you, Carter. Who do you like? Do you like me? Do you like Daddy? Do you like you? (the list goes on and on and is met with "no" everytime. The he says,
C: I like nobody.
L: I love you, Carter. Who do you love? Do you love me? Do you love Daddy?
C: Grandpa (Paul). Not you. Not Daddy. Not Nobody anymore. Just Grandpa.
L: Carter, I love you.
C: I love you too.
L: Carter, I like you.
C: Ok, fiiiiine.
We saw a group of deer in our front yard and the conversation goes like this:
C: I wanna pet them deer.
L: Deer don't really like that. They run away because they're scared.
C: Oh.
pause pause pause
C: Only giraffes then.
Carter was watching America's Funniest Home Videos with Luke and Snow White comes on the screen..Luke of course thinks it's Sleeping Beauty so he tells Carter it's Sleeping Beauty. I correct them and say it's Snow White. Carter's response?: Is Sleeping Judy White?!
Carter wanted to be Dorothy for Halloween but I had to draw the line somewhere...so he went as the Wicked Witch of the West instead. The night before Halloween we're talking about it...
C: You be scared of me? In my witch?
L: Yes! Really super scared of you!
C: So scared you climb up a tree?!!
My brother and his wife just had a baby (yay!! Logan Cade)....
C: Where my Wogan Cade?
I played dumb...
C: That Wogan Cade baby. Far away. Where he?
L: He's with Justin and Sarah in Indiana.
C: You drive me there. In van to Wogan Cade. Ok? Ok.
There are just a ton of dogs in our neighborhood, so on a walk last week we see a few of them and stop to pet them. One dog in particular is very relaxed and just layed down in the middle of the road. No big deal, whatever. So later that evening I'm helping Carter go potty...
C: Those dogs poop in yard. Or on a road.
L: Is that so?
C: Not me poop there.
pause pause pause
C: I only pee in grass.
Carter went to Andy and RoseMary's farm with Erik and Amanda (it's corn season so the combine is in full force)...when I picked him up, the first words out of his mouth:
C: I peed in corn field with Andy!
L: laughing uncontrollably
C: Andy say I can!
oh boy...I look at Erik like, "what have you taught my son!"
We're sitting at the table for supper:
C: Feed me like a baby....
L: Carter, you're 4, you can eat like a big boy, you don't need to be fed like a baby silly goose!
C: I'm 3 actually.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Adorable conversations. We've gone through the I don't like you phases too! C just likes daddy!
I peed in the corn field! I love it!!!
Post a Comment