Tuesday, May 26, 2009

talking with carter

I love capturing Carter's conversations "for the record," so here's the latest one. We were watering the flowers for my Mom while she was out of town and I brought Carter with me thinking he'd like to run in the sprinkler and whatnot. So it was really windy the day we went and this is the convo I had with him as I'm hosing the plants:
L: Carter! It's so windy outside!
C: Ohhhh nnnnooo! Van blow away mommy?
L: No honey, the van isn't going to blow away; it's going to be just fine.
C: Oh good. Silly van.

Later another one...I'm watering a hosta and he's watching....
C: Mama, it growing!
L: Yep, it's thirsty, Carter.
C: Grow to big boy?
L: Um..kind of. It'll grow to be a bigger plant.
C: Ok fiiiiiiiine.

Lastly, I'm watering the plants in the backyard and he wants to hold the wand and water, so I let him knowing it will only last a minute or two:
L: Hold it right there over the plants buddy.
C: Me no like it cold. You make it warm.
L: That's how it is dude, the water from the hose is always cold, sorry.
C: Warm hose at home? Me go get it.
L: Ha ha ha.
C: You do it mama, too cold me.

1 comment:

Tina said...

The ways of a child are always amazing...conversations I look forward to having with Olivia soon.